Membership to STC-NIU is available to any student with an interest in technical communication.
To join STC-NIU, you must complete a membership application and submit it, along with your dues to Dr. Jessica Reyman. Alternatively, you may opt to join STC, our parent organization (see information below).
Cost of STC-NIU Membership:
$7 per semester or $10 per calendar year
STC-NIU: Students who join STC-NIU benefit from:
- Free admission to all events and activities. Check out our Calendar. Your membership to STC-NIU ensures free access to that semester's events, including career launch events and technology workshops.
- Networking opportunities with other students, faculty, or professionals at local, regional, national, and international levels
- Training on industry-standard software used in professional and technical writing
- Workshops and events focused on developing your technical communication career, interviewing skills, resumes, and more
- Access to specialized information through links to online resources about the technical communication field.
How do I join STC, our parent organization?
You may also opt to join STC, our parent organization. STC members are not required to pay additional dues to join STC-NIU.
Cost of STC membership (per year):
$75.00 Student Membership (Includes membership to STC-NIU).
Students who join STC (our parent organization) benefit from:
- STC scholarship opportunities
- Discounts on STC membership fees and annual conference fees
- Unlimited access to STC's Web site, including the career center and salary survey
- Unrestricted online access to STC publications, including Intercom and Technical Communication
- Workshops presented by practitioners to increase your knowledge and skills
- Publishing and presentation opportunities and recognition for our work
- Partnership opportunities with members of STC and other chapters such as STC-Chicago